Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Working moms: your thoughts.

As soon as a person finds out I'm the intern and I'm graduating in April, they ask:

"What do you want to do after that?"

I know what they're expecting me to say. Something news-related, of course. Producing, reporting, anchoring.

But I'm not so sure I want to do any of those things. So, my answer is, "I'm not sure yet."

You see, working in a newsroom is stressful, fast-paced, and requires a lot of devotion. Viewers are relying on you to get the news out quickly. They want to see compelling video and they want to see it FIRST. They want to know what's going on.

Motherhood also requires a lot of devotion. Maybe even more than a news job. The news goes on 24 hours a day, but producers/reporters/anchors sleep. They have shifts. They get to clock out and go home when the day is over.

If the baby cries at 2 a.m., mom goes back to work. She never clocks out.

So, how can a girl do both?

One purpose of this blog is for me to document my feelings as I try to reconcile a career path with the path I'm already on--the Mother Path. But every day I go to work, I begin to feel like this just isn't possible. My well is getting awfully shallow. I'm exhausted. I'm tired of driving. Dillon -- bless his heart -- is really trying to help, but it's not enough.

And I only have one kid.

I know there are moms out there, reading this blog, who do it all. Their kids are fed, clean, and happy. Their houses are relatively clean. They have boundless energy. And they work.

But really. . . how is it?

If you could have it any way you wanted, what would it be? Would stay home, would you work less hours, would you work full-time? Do you wish it were different for you?

And most importantly, how do you do it?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar